Problem with Qmailadmin
2003-05-21 10:48:24 UTC
Hello everyone;

I am kind of new here. I hope someone can help me with this.

Basically my qmailadmin is screwed. When I try to log in a domain with the
username and password it doesn't let me saying the account is invalid. So I
wanted to know if there was a way I could reset the postmaster account
password from a command line. This would help me a lot because then I can
finally edit my accounts in qmail.

Thanks

Gilberto
eti
2003-05-21 17:11:35 UTC
hi
if you are using vpopmail try vpasswd. Otherwise i'm not sure so i'll
keep my mouth shut.
--
If UNIX dosen't have the solution you have the wrong problem

Regards,
Iulian Margarintescu
tel: 0742994143
Network Administrator
Net Solution
2003-05-22 11:03:31 UTC
Hi;

I tried that but I get the following error:

[***@ludi bin]# ./vpasswd postmaster
Please enter password for postmaster:
enter password again:
Error: Illegal username

I tried deleting a domain. Using the ./vdeldomain command. Then I created
the domain again using ./vadddomain and I assigned a password to the domain,
and I still cannot log on.

Why is it still giving me an Invalid login.

If any of you want to try and see the problem try this:

Http://www.zonaxbox.com/cgi-bin/qmailadmin

Login: Postmaster
Domain: bytesandbeans.com
Password: wwdileie

You won't be able to log in at all.

Thanks

Gilberto

Net Solution
Franz Stancl
2003-05-22 11:23:48 UTC
not sure what's really wrong with your setup,
try instead:
[***@ludi bin]# ./vpasswd ***@bytesandbeans.com

--franz